Friday, February 6, 2009

Parenting Advice

Last Sunday my husband and I went over to a good friends house for dinner. They have 5 kids ranging in age from 17 yrs. down to 6 yrs. Each child was so kind, helpful, mannerly and even complimentary of their parents. I asked what advice would they give to parents and the husband said, "learn to be patient and control your moods. If you are angry do your best not to let it show in your face or tone of voice." These were not his exact words but this was basically it. Such simple yet profound advice. This is a way to "keep you children's hearts."
-From Bryan

"There is no way
to be a perfect
parent, but there
are a million
ways to be a
good one."
-Daryl Hoole's book

2 comments:

  1. Yes,emotion control is the key. I share some of my thoughts at be a good parent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I really need to be better. I'm pretty good I think, but there are just some days... :) I love that quote too... I think we all need to remember that when we're down on our selves (like I get) about not being the "perfect mom", like I feel so many others are. I love this blog Drennan. So great! :)

    ReplyDelete